by A.Opie Designs
We are delighted to collaborate again with our friend and amazing designer Amy Opie of A.Opie Designs on the Troy Hat and Cowl. Once again, these are fabulous examples of Amy’s great sense for color and design. And, the pattern sizing includes children through adults!
Choose from 20 four-skein kits (including complimentary pattern) to knit up both the hat and shoulder-length cowl across 4 different bases PLUS all 15 colors in the kits are available as single skein options along with 6 other base options!
Troy Hat and Cowl
by A.Opie Designs
Terra DK, Kit No. 1 and Kit No. 2
Featuring Fair Isle colorwork with a Scandinavian vibe, the Troy cowl and coordinating hat offers cozy warmth on cold winter days.
The cowl has a hemmed neck, to hide those floats, and incorporates subtle increases so that it rests nicely over the top of your shoulders. The hat uses the same colors placed differently in the pattern to pair as a counterpoint to the cowl.
- Orders will ship the week of January 18th.
- Photos shown of dyed skeins are on Terra DK.
- Kits are only available in Beau DK, Primo DK, Solo DK, and Terra DK.
- Pattern is included with kit purchase and will be sent out within 48 hours after purchase.
- Please note, once your label has been printed, it may still take a few days to leave Plucky.
- We may combine multiple orders shipping to a single address.
Reminders about hand-dyed yarn:
- We work hard to obtain the most accurate colors in the photographs we show on the website. However, every computer has different monitor settings. For this reason, we cannot ensure that the colors all monitor's display will exactly match the color of the yarn.
- Because our hand-dyeing process is as much of an art as it is a science, we may not be able to reproduce a colorway exactly the same as it may be pictured or match it from one dye lot to another.
- We strongly recommend alternating skeins on any project that uses more than one skein of the same color to ensure random color distribution.
- While we do our best to ensure colorfastness in our yarns, a small amount of color transfer is not uncommon. We highly recommend spritzing or steam blocking your knits to avoid colorway bleeding. For more info on caring for your knits check out our Care Instructions.