The most glorious time of year has finally arrived!! Yes, yes...of course, Fall has arrived...BUT...it’s also time for the Fall Plucky Pop-Up and we can hardly contain our excitement!!! We absolutely adore being able to welcome all of you from near and far to our little corner of Michigan. It’s such a delight to see your smiling faces and gorgeous knits! Being able to bring this special community together is truly a privilege. So, what do we have in store for you?! How do fourteen brand-new colors, one fabulous new base, the return of Scholar 2.0 and Oxford 2.0, and two gorgeous new patterns sound?! Add to all of this the honor of having Lorilee Beltman as our co-host and an instructor for the weekend along with Susan B. Anderson as our special guest instructor. Can you even?! We can’t either! But you know us...we just couldn’t leave it there. Bringing this party online for all of you who aren’t able to attend in person was simply a must. Ready for all of the marvelous details? Here we go!!
Golden Gourds – Golden amber with red undertones.
Beets Me – Cool magenta, leaning more blue pink.
Fireside Frolic – Burnt rust red-orange, yellow leaning. Not quite red, but not quite oran
Starry Night – Medium peacock-toned blue, with shades of a purple leaning blue and shades that lean more teal.
Cabin Fever – Woodsy, scummy, olive toned brown. Yellow undertones, layered with scummy and chocolate browns.
French Olive – Deep leafy, olive green, with shades of lighter celery green peeking through.
Moody Mahogany – Chocolatey brown, with maroon undertones showing throughout. Pairs well with November Rain.
Razzle Dazzle – Starting with a cool grey base then layered with acid-y green, soft purple, evergreen and medium to dark purple with a hit of charcoal. Pairs well with Celery Seed and French Olive.
November Rain – A creamy base color with layers of chocolate and darker camel colored browns, in addition to a smokey blue-ish purple and a cooler teal. Also pops of pink and gold throughout. Pairs well with Starry Night, Celery Seed and Open Sesame.
Homebody – A soft brown wash with specks of pink, yellow, charcoal, and chocolate brown popping throughout. Pairs well with Beets Me, and Moody Mahogany.
Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice – A soft peachy wash with specks of tangerine, black, pink, and yellow showing throughout. Pairs well with Fireside Frolic.
Amber Wheat – Yellow/Cream wash with specks of reddish pink, brown, yellow, and bits of orange showing throughout. Pairs nicely with Golden Gourds, Cabin Fever, or Moody Mahogany
Haven: 100% Non-SW Merino. Aran. 195 yards per 115 grams. $30.
This decadent Aran weight base is light, airy and butter soft. It’s perfect for the dip in temperature that comes with late Fall and Winter. The non-superwash Merino takes the dye beautifully with a lovely balance of saturation and variegation. Haven is a fabulous choice for hats, garments and neckwear. Great for cables and colorwork.
The shifting lines punctuated with yarn overs make his oversized scarf much less of a complicated knit than it looks. No cabling is used to create the moving lines in this graphic pattern; just some knits, purls, yarn overs and decreases make up the diagonal lines. And to turn up the drama, add some fringe!
With its on-trend oversized silhouette and modern color block motif, Kodachrome will quickly become your go-to when the mercury drops. Whether you choose those nice bright colors, greens of summers or black and white, the end result is sure to shine.
Welcome back Scholar 2.0 and Oxford 2.0
You asked, and we’re delighted to bring these lovely bases back into
the fold. If you’ve knit with them, you know why we love them. If you
have yet to try them, now’s your chance!
Oxford 2.0: 75.25 Merino/Cashmere. Fingering. 430 yards per 115
Scholar 2.0: 75.25 Merino/Cashmere. Worsted. 250 yards per 115
These woolen spun bases are light, lofty and oh, so good! They are
related to Oxford and Scholar, both sets of bases being comprised of
75.25 Merino/Cashmere. Scholar and Oxford 2.0 do not have the
darker guard hairs blended in which leaves the undyed skeins a creamy
white color. Colors appear clear, not darker and heathered. Fabulous
for colorwork, cable and textured patterns, garments and accessories
We are truly thrilled about this weekend and we hope to welcome you
all to this very special event! In the meantime, happy knitting!!
• Beau Aran -- 60% Yak, 40% Cashmere - 160 yards of Aran - $46
• Cozy -- 90% Super-Wash Merino,10% Camel - 264 yards of DK - $25
• Feet -- 90% Super-Wash Merino,10% Nylon - 425 yards of Fingering - $25
• Halo -- 100% Cashmere - 215 yards of Fingering - $40
• Haven NEW!! -- 100% Non Super-Wash Merino - 195 yards of Aran - $30
• Lusso -- 100% Cashmere - 325 yards of Sport - $58
• Oxford 2.0 is BACK!! -- 75% Merino, 25% Cashmere - 430 yards of Fingering - $32
• Primo Fingering -- 75% Super-Wash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 5% Nylon - 440 yards of Fingering - $30
• Primo Sport -- 75% Super-Wash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 5% Nylon - 275 yards of Sport - $29
• Scholar is BACK!! -- 75% Merino, 25% Cashmere - 250 yards of Worsted - $32
• Solo DK -- 80% Merino, 20% Silk - 275 yards of DK - $28
• Sophisticate -- 50% Merino, 30% Mohair, 20% Silk - 510 yards of Light Fingering - $30
• Spiffy Lace -- 60% Cashmere, 40% Silk - 765 yards of Lace - $58
• Sweater -- 90% Merino, 10% Nylon - 270 yards of DK - $25
• Sweater Aran -- 95% Merino, 5% Nylon - 185 yards of Aran - $25
• Traveler Aran -- 65% Super-Wash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Yak - 220 yards of Aran - $28
• Yakkity -- 100% Yak - 325 yards of DK - $42
• Yakkity Aran -- 100% Yak - 160 yards of Aran - $42
To learn more about each of these custom milled bases, click the links!
• Please join us in the DFY shop starting Friday October 4th at 10:00 am EDT through Monday, October 7th, while supples last.
• Orders placed will ship the week of November 11th. Once an update begins to ship, it may take 4 business days for all orders to leave the Plucky barn.
• IMPORTANT: Please note the darker, heathered base color of Oxford, Scholar and Tweed. Lighter colorways especially will appear darker and heathered with a gray undertone.
• If items are ordered from both the Ready-For-You/Stash listings and this Dyed-For-You offering, they will ship separately. However we still reserve the right to combine multiple orders shipping to a single address