We all have one. You know, your desert island knit. For some people, it’s socks, others, sweaters. Well, if we were stranded on a desert island, which is not sounding half bad right now, this knit would be on our needles! Introducing The Islander! Knit in your favorite heavy fingering/sport weight yarn, with stripes and simple lace, the knitting is so engaging. This easy to wear shawl has unique shaping that allows it to drape beautifully over the shoulders, while at the same time wraps oh so perfectly around the neck.
We have had the best time putting together kit options for you, and we hope you love them as much as we do!
Kits that are being offered…
Full list of colors that are being offered…
- Bases available: Bello, Bello Worsted, Cachet, Feet, Groovy, Oxford 1.0, Primo Aran, Primo Fingering, Primo Sport, Scholar 1.0, Single, Snug, Snug Fingering, Sophisticate, Spiffy, Traveler Aran, Traveler DK, Traveler Sport and Trusty
- The Islander pattern will only be available to purchase as part of a kit and will remain exclusive until November 1st. Pattern price is $7.00.
- Kit prices are the listed base price x4, plus the pattern cost of $7.00. Shipping is additional and added at check-out.
- A unique download code for each kit purchased will be emailed to your email account associated with PayPal within 48 hours after the last update time.
- Kits will be available on the following bases & in the color combinations shown above: Bello, Oxford 1.0, Primo Fingering, Primo Sport, Snug Fingering, Spiffy and Traveler Sport.
- A mystery kit option will also be available!
- Please note!: Gauge is not crucial on this project but will affect your yardage! To be certain of having enough you may wish to purchase an additional skein of the color you choose to be C2 (first small lace section on sample photos) & C4 (large lace section on sample photos) if you select Primo Sport as your base.
- Good news! Single skeins will be available for individual purchase, as well.
- This update will ship on February 24th.
- Please join us, Sunday, February 12th at 8:00 pm EST, and again, Monday, February 13th at 9:00 am EST on the Plucky Blog.
- If you are new to Plucky, Welcome! We are so glad you are here! Please take a moment to read through our FAQs, found HERE.
- We welcome you to join us in our Ravelry group, as we chat about the update, favorite recipes, pets and what to cast on next!
- If you haven’t already downloaded the Plucky Knitter app (link below), it is a great way to explore color pairings and combos that Hayley and I have put together for you.
GET THE FREE APP