when cast-on-itis starts to rear its (I hesitate to call it ugly, it just sounds so harsh in this instance) head.
There has been a lot – A LOT – of casting on and ripping out going on so now I’ve begun throwing yarn in a basket and mulling it over that way. I’m telling myself it is keeping me more organized, as opposed to my usual routine of leaving yarn bundle/piles randomly scattered throughout the studio.
Today’s basket looks like this:
On the short list so far:
- Incus in Fat Fish Blue DK cashmere. I’m thinking the cashmere will make it especially drapey and cozy. But, I also love the idea of the Fat Fish Blue in the Ostrich Plume Stole – think not very blocked, all squished up around your neck.
- Toast in 4ply cashmere – one lone skein of Dandy Lion. I’m thinking 50 sts on size 3 or 4 needle. Anyone else knit Toast in a fingering weight?
- Long Striped Handwarmers in primo fingering. Perhaps Elmer T and Dandy Lion or Elmer T and Oatmeal or Fat Fish Blue and Bohemian Blue or Oatmeal and Barely Birch or….
- I’m really really loving the idea of a zig-zaggy cowl in Plucky MCN Lite with random bits of handspun mixed in for added texture. A great big zig-zag cowl. That requires math. I’ll have to work up to that.
- Castiel – DK cashsilk – Barely Birch
- Thea’s new hat design in ‘Plucky Rustic’
A surprise from the very sweet and lovely Shannon. They are standing proudly here at the studio and will be a lovely addition to the test knits at the Plucky booth. Thank you very much!
It’s rainy, it’s Monday and I want to – let’s have a giveaway! Tell me, what are you grateful for today? Are you grateful the sweater weather is upon us? Thankful the kids are back in school? Giddy that pumpkin donuts are back at the farmers market? Leave me a comment and tell me what you are thankful for today, this very minute. I’ll be leaving comments open through Wednesday at Noon Eastern at which time I will randomly draw two winners who will receive a pattern and accompanying Plucky yarn to knit said pattern.
And, FYI – it’s a Plucky shop update tomorrow, Tuesday, September 20th. It’s going to be a sneak update which means I will begin loading the shop around 10:00 a.m. Eastern and continue listing through the day. See you there!