Charleson Tea anyone? Thea and I have been at it again and are delighted to let you know that it is high time for another Baby Cocktails/Plucky Knitter sweater kit.
Charleston Tea is a hoodie to throw on when the air cools down after a long hot day. The hood is fun and gives it a sporty edge, but the sweater remains feminine with delicate details and a beautiful lace panel in back. The lace allows a little air to flow in or a bright tee to peek out. Knit top down so you can adjust this as you like, but it is designed with ¾ sleeves, a comfy, hip length fit and topped off with a generous and oh so cozy hood.
Colorway shown: Lincoln. Photo courtesy Splityarn
- Yarn – Plucky Knitter Primo Sport in Lincoln. 5(6,6,6,6,6,7,7,7,7) skeins, 1400(1450,1500,1550,1600,1650,1700,1750,1800,1850)yds
- Sizing – 32(34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50)
- Needles – US #5/3.75mm. 29”circs for the body & button band, 16” circs or DPNs on the sleeves. US#4/3.50mm. 24 or 29” circs for hood.
- Notions – Darning needle, stitch markers, waste yarn or stitch holders. 6-8 buttons, about 1” in diameter
- Gauge – 6 sts, 8 rows per 1” in a stockinette swatch, blocked.
Notes/Commentary from Thea:
Since this is knit from the top down, you can adjust length or width to flatter your shape. It is designed to skim your curves, and be worn with a bit of sweatshirt-like ease for a casual summer fit. Adding or width creating a slimmer fit in any part of the sweater is simple, since the lace design is not altered by your overall stitch count. Adjusting for length is also easy, and you can let it hit wherever you think it will be most flattering on you.
Colorways available, top to bottom: Lincoln, Route 2, High Cotton, Olive Bar, Bleu & Kissin’ Valentino
Please note: Sign-ups will go live on the Plucky Knitter website Sunday, May 20th at 9:00 p.m. Eastern and will remain open. We have worked diligently to ensure we are able to fill the shop with as many kits as possible so I sincerely hope you are able to find something that suits you at a time that suits your schedule.
All sweater kits will ship the week of June 24th.