Ien and Jill have been working tirelessly to get all the threads started, the guidelines set, and to answer innumerable questions from all the super enthusiastic participants. We hope that means you! If not, won’t you join us?
Plucktober is a month long celebration of camaraderie, knitting and FUN! Good times knitting (crocheting and weaving too!) with good friends.
There is a fantastic collection of designers who have designed new patterns and have posted fantastic discounts for many of their self-published works. If you haven’t had a look, please be sure to check out the Plucktober 2015 Designer/Retailer thread. The thread is continuing to update as more and more generous offers are posted by these lovely and generous designers. This might be your chance to pick up one of those patterns that you must have in your library for future projects.
This year we have some wonderful designers that are hosting special Plucktober Designer Stich-a-longs (SALs). They are as follows:
- amymiller and versaciknits will be hosting the Plucktober 2015 Designer Sweater SAL. Please choose any of Amy’s great sweaters or Lori’s wonderful Mainstay or Mainstay Cardi. EllenLBishop has very kindly agreed to help moderate this SAL.
- roseisarose and knitterella will be hosting the Plucktober 2015 Designer Accessories SAL. Please choose Rose’s fun Poppin’ Dots Cowl or one of the beautiful accessories in Jill’s Smocked Collection, (Smocked Slouch, Smocked Mitts or Smocked Scarf).
- mishi2x and irishgirlieknits will be hosting the Plucktober 2015 Designer Shawls/Wraps SAL. Michele has the gorgeous Ravenswood design and Carrie has a lovely 3-color shawl, called Bodacious.
There will also be special SALs for the above patterns and there will also be general SAL’s, where you can knit (or crochet or weave) any pattern you’d like.
Our categories this year will be:
- Cover Your Extremities SAL – will include all accessories (except shawls). So all hats, cowls, scarves, fingerless mitts, mittens, gloves, and socks will be hosted here by zknitter and ctrip.
- Keep Me Warm SAL – will be hosted by sandjul and jkld11 and will include all adult size garments.
- It’s A Wrap SAL – will consist of shawls and wraps, which we know are extremely popular with Plucky knitters. LisaV2207 and kitchsstitches will host all you shawl and wrap knitters.
- At Home With The Littles SAL – is a new SAL this year. This SAL will include baby and kids garments as well as all sorts of things for the home. Knitted antlers or crocheted chickens anyone? Stuffed animals? Blankets in all their Plucky glory will be included here also. Shortcakepie and Diana505 will be your moderators for this fun new SAL.
I hope you will join us this year. For a full list of the events, rules and how-to’s, have a read through the locked thread, Plucktober 2015 Guide and Roadmap.
Prizes? We will absolutely have some prizes! Kits, sweater quantities, swag…This is going to be great fun!