I’m so excited to be working with Cecily! Bluebelle is such a perfect little cardigan.
Bluebelle is a 3/4 sleeve cardigan with ribbed trims and one button at the top of a shaped neckline. Gathers at the neck add a pretty detail to this simple cardigan. It is knit in the incredibly gorgeous Plucky Knitter Primo Sport.
Bluebelle is worked from the bottom up in one piece to the underarms. It is then split for the armholes and the fronts and back are worked separately to the shoulders. Gathers are formed at the neck using central double decreases. Stitches are picked up and short rows sleeve caps are worked, then the sleeves are continued in the round. The only seaming is at the shoulders.
Primo Sport by The Plucky Knitter (75% wool, 20% cashmere, 5% nylon; 100 gram skein= approx 275 yds)
• 4 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6) skeins 5th Avenue
• Approx yards: 855 (915, 995, 1065, 1160, 1230, 1310, 1380, 1465) yards
• One 29” circular (circ) needle size US 6 (4mm). (pc is worked flat circ needle is used to accommodate large number of sts)
• One set of double pointed needles (dpns) size US 6 (4mm). (for sleeves)
• One 24” circ needle size US 5 (3.75 mm). (for neck trim) Or size to obtain gauge.
• Stitch markers (m)
• Large stitch holders or waste yarn.
• One 5/8” button
Gauge: 22 sts and 31 rows = 4” in Stockinette Stitch (St st) with larger needles. Take time to save time, check your gauge.
Colorways available: Chinos, Lonesome Highway, 5th Avenue, Kissin ‘ Valentino, Chantilly, Sagebrush, Big Sky and Lounge Lizard.
Get your Bluebelle Sweater Kit right here!
Bluebelle kits are all sold out for now!