On your mark. Get set. KNIT!!!
We’ve been teasing this week, and now it’s time for the big reveal! Hayley and I are thrilled to be collaborating once again with our dear pal, Jill (aka Knitterella), and it’s no surprise that she has designed yet another show-stopper. Introducing the 800 Yard Dash!
Worsted Version Size A, shown in Scholar 1.0 in colors
Cassidy (MC), Splendor (CC1) and Feather Duster (CC2).
Oatmeal (MC), Small Batch No. 028 (CC1) and Wanderlust (CC2).
Fantoosh (MC), Umber (CC1) and Loafers (CC2).
With it’s easy to memorize textured sections and stripes (who doesn’t love to knit stripes?!), this modern triangular shawl is all about texture, stripes, and color, and it’s as fun to knit as it is to wear! Did we mention that it is written for two sizes AND two weights of yarn? Options galore!
This pattern includes instructions for a standard sized shawl and a generously sized blanket shawl, plus, an option for fingering or worsted weight. Hayley and I have had the best time putting together color options for this kit, and we hope you love them as much as we do!
But, we haven’t spilled all of the beans yet! With this kit, we are positively giddy that it’s time to introduce a base that we have fallen head over heels for….Groovy, Baby!!! This unique fingering weight base has all the things we know and love about Groovy…100% Cashmere in a single ply with that binder that gives it the most fantastic texture, and it knits up as light and lofty as a feather!
- Bello Worsted
- Groovy, Baby!
- Lodge Worsted
- Lodge Fingering
- Oxford 2.0
- Primo Fingering
- Primo Worsted
- Primo Aran
- Scholar 2.0
- Please join us Sunday, May 14th, at 8:00 PM EDT and Monday, May 15th at 9:00 AM EDT, on the Plucky Blog.
- This is a pre-order update and will ship May 26th
- This will be a “kit only” sale, there will not be an option to purchase additional single skeins.
- Kits for sale will be for the standard (Size A) shawl only (both fingering weight and worsted weight).
- Kit pricing by base may be viewed here.
- An email will be sent to kit purchasers within 48 hours after the last update which will include your single-use code to download the pattern from Ravelry.
- If you choose to purchase more than one kit, you will be able to gift your extra patterns. You will simply forward on one of your exclusive download code emails.
- Groovy Baby is 380 yds/100 grams, $62 per skein
- 800 Yard Dash will remain a kit exclusive for 12 months.
- Another kit option you’d like to see? Be sure to join us in the Wishlist Thread on Ravelry!
A BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING:
- If you are new to Plucky, Welcome! We are so glad you are here! Please take a moment to read through our FAQs, found HERE.
- We welcome you to join us in our Ravelry group, as we chat about the update, favorite recipes, pets and what to cast on next!
- If you haven’t already downloaded the Plucky Knitter app (link below), it is a great way to explore color pairings and combos that Hayley and I have put together for you.